The end is in sight people. This time next week we will have survived the longest school term ever and be ready to embrace the madness which is the Christmas school holiday. I can’t wait for those two weeks with my family and have planned absolutely nothing. We want to build Lego, watch Christmas films and eat Quality Street – and that is all. However, first we have to get through the last week of term and give gifts to all our wonderful teachers. I couldn’t resist a little handmade gift giving and wanted to share how to make Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes, a simple handmade gift to give. This batch yields 10-12 Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes – perfect for giving to your child’s teachers!
Ingredients to make Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes
Wilton silicone gingerbread mold (Amazon affiliate link)
1 cup brown sugar – packed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup shea butter soap base (4 cubes)
1/4 cup sweet almond oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or soap scent)
5-6 drops Vitamin E oil
How to make Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes – directions
1. Add the brown sugar and spices to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. Place the shea butter soap cubes in a microwave safe bowl (I used a Pyrex measuring cup) and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir.
3. Add the almond oil, vanilla extract and Vitamin E oil and stir to mix.
4. Add the melted soap to the brown sugar and stir quickly to incorporate. The mixture will harden quickly so you will want to transfer to the gingerbread molds right away.
5. Fill to the top of each mold and be sure to press down firmly to pack the mix into each mold.
6. Freeze for one hour and gently pop the sugar scrubs out of each mold. Store in an airtight container.
The Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Cubes are really each to use. Simply bring 1-2 gingerbread sugar scrub cubes with you to your bath or shower. Use the cubes instead of a sugar scrub and apply all over wet skin. The sugar will exfoliate and the almond oil and shea butter will soften and moisturize your skin.
Enjoy the sweet aroma of gingerbread!
Pin for later: