It’s half term and I’m enjoying lovely family time therefore I am keeping my Monday Happy Things post short and sweet.
– The view from our window is rather spectacular as we are lucky enough to be spending some time by the seaside.
– We watched The Theory of Everything, the film based on the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen by Jane Wilde Hawking, Stephen Hawking’s first wife. We’ve watched a lot of films recently and this is one of my favourites. Physics, Cambridge, Eddie Redmayne – what’s not to love.
– I’ve been Charity Shop shopping which means I’ve added this gorgeous vintage plate to my collection. It’s from the 1960s and is a Broadhurst pottery “Tyne” side plate, designed by Kathie Winkle. I think it’s rather pretty.
– I can’t put down The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. I love Amsterdam and this is a great story about one household in the 17th century. I am really enjoying reading it and just wish there were more hours in the day to read.
– I’ve been eating delicious biscuits from HEMA. Funnily enough they are shaped like Dutch houses which mean they are the perfect accompaniment when reading the book mentioned above.