I love to re-use and upcycle the children’s toys. This year we’ve ended up with a few of the large plastic Playmobil Easter eggs and I really wanted to give them a new life. We used a few Playmobil eggs as containers to grow cress in which was fun (and lovely to eat something we had grown ourselves). Today I’m going to show you how to upcycle a Playmobil Easter egg to make simple Easter egg and Marshmallow popcorn – a perfect way to use up leftover Easter eggs!
Ingredients needed to make Easter egg and marshmallow popcorn
125g salted butter
bag of mini Easter eggs
100g large marshmallows
How to make Easter egg and marshmallow popcorn
1. Lightly grease the inside of the Playmobil eggs with oil.
2. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan heat the butter and marshmallows over a medium heat. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
4. When the butter and marshmallows have completely melted pour over your popcorn. Stir the mixture to make sure the popcorn is covered. Add the mini Easter eggs and spoon into the Playmobil eggs.
5. Place in the fridge to cool and harden before eating.
The children were really excited to see what we had put inside. They weren’t disappointed!