Baker Ross Blogger Network crafts Easter homestyle interiors Spring

DIY pom pom tree

The weather was so sunny yesterday I really wanted to make something equally cheerful to decorate our mantle. This is the simplest craft and I feel a little silly writing about it on my blog. However, the results are so pretty I had to share.

DIY pom pom tree

Materials needed to make a DIY pom pom tree:
Pastel Pom Pom Value Pack from Baker Ross
Twigs
Old jam jar (washed with the label removed)
Bostik Sticky Dots

How to make a DIY pom pom tree:

I had a bag of pom poms from Baker Ross which had a selection of blue, green, orange, pink and yellow, perfect for creating a fun Spring decoration.Β  I used the small and medium sized ones as I was making a decoration for my mantle.

bag of different sizes of pom poms

I placed a selection of twigs in a jam jar then attached the pom poms to the twigs with Sticky Dots.

DIY pom pom tree

Ensure each twig has pom poms at regular intervals. The great thing about the Sticky Dots is that they are transparent so you can’t see the glue. You could also use a glue gun or even stitch them on with a couple of stitches through the pom pom and around the branch.IMG_0134The result is simple but striking. I love our Spring pom pom tree and I can’t believe how cheap and easy it was. Let me know if you make one!

Ashley Beolens
    March 3, 2015 at 9:03 am

That looks like a great little project that we could involve the little lady in, we are just about to start decorating her room and one of these would look great. Pinning for that purpose thanks πŸ™‚
    Ashley Beolens recently posted..Farewell to The Point

Sisley White
    March 3, 2015 at 9:33 am

I love love love this!
    Me and my mum do a branch tree every Easter. I usually make wool pom poms but these are such lovely colours I might have to add them to my collection.

agatapokutycka
    March 3, 2015 at 10:09 am

It looks beautiful. I do something similar for Easter but instead of pom poms I use small fake eggs
    agatapokutycka recently posted..Review: InstaNatural Youth Express Eye Gel

Isabella Wong (Life as a Petite)
    March 3, 2015 at 1:54 pm

This is such an adorable DIY, I’m going to give this a go when I have time! thank you so much for sharing πŸ™‚ x
    Isabella Wong (Life as a Petite) recently posted..Paper Rose Tutorial | lifeasapetite

Tracey
    March 3, 2015 at 2:09 pm

What a clever idea. I’ve never seen this done before. My daughter would love to have a go at making one for Easter. Tx
    Tracey recently posted..REVIEW: A Celebrity β€˜Red Carpet’ Facial with Revere Clinics

creativejewishmom/sara
    March 3, 2015 at 8:00 pm

looks fantastic and cheerful! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
    creativejewishmom/sara recently posted..Purim Gift Basket For A Teacher

LINA
    March 3, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Simple and yet striking and effective – my girls would love to make something like this!
    LINA recently posted..February Favourites

Becky
    March 4, 2015 at 6:36 am

Oh I’m going to make one I love it..so cheerful (and thrifty!)
    Becky recently posted..Pick of the week: A little red record player

Lilinha Espindula
    March 4, 2015 at 10:31 pm

I love how cute and colourful the pom pom tree is – it is also easy to do and I’m sure little man would enjoy it x
    Lilinha Espindula recently posted..Moroccan Turkey Meatballs with Citrus Couscous

Jo Roberts
    March 5, 2015 at 11:56 am

LOVE this idea! Love pompoms!

Ashleigh
    March 6, 2015 at 9:36 am

This looks so cool!
    Love the colours of the pom poms.

Ashleigh Dougherty

Gude @HodgePodgeCraft
    March 7, 2015 at 11:16 pm

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing at #Pintorials πŸ™‚
    Gude @HodgePodgeCraft recently posted..10 easy rainbow crafts for kids

Hodge Podge / Spring & Easter ideas for DIY decorations
    March 10, 2015 at 12:06 am

[…] DIY pom pom tree from The Gingerbread House […]

On my mantle - March - the-gingerbread-house.co.uk
    March 24, 2015 at 11:56 am

[…] this month I made a really easy DIY Pom pom tree. It was so simple but pretty and we’ve all enjoyed looking at it. It was looking a little […]