The other week was quite a busy one. As well as our exciting trip to the West End I was also invited to a bespoke curated tour at the National Portrait Gallery. Beauty Recommended, an online magazine brought to you by P&G, is going mobile this summer with the launch of its first beauty mobile app. Offering you the hottest beauty tips and trends, personal recommendations from some of the world’s leading beauty experts and three exclusively curated tours around the ‘beauty spots’ of London – it’s every beauty lover’s must have tool!
In my previous life I was a curator so I was very excited at the thought of a trip to the NPG and a guided tour of some of the portraits featured in the new app ‘The History of Beauty’. I really enjoyed hearing all about the paintings from Tudor times to the 1940s, as listening to someone talk about them really helps bring them to life. We also got a sneaky preview of the app before it hit the stores last week.
The app is really simple to use and features three main areas: Beauty Spots, Inspire Me and Beauty Tips. My favourite part is the Beauty Spots section with the exclusively curated tours which show a different side to London. As well as the tour of the NPG you can discover some of London’s best shopping hot spots and hidden beauty treasures. These tours are perfect for mums, daughters and those interested in beauty and would also be a unique way of getting to know London for anyone visiting during the Olympics!
The app is available on both Android and iOS platforms, to download the new app for free, visit the Beauty Recommended website.
P&G, the proud sponsors of mums and the company behind the newly launched Beauty Recommended app, has teamed up with the National Portrait Gallery, to give away two tickets to the Gallery’s The Queen Art & Image exhibition which runs until 21 October. This landmark exhibition, which marks Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee, brings together over sixty of the most remarkable and resonant portraits of the Queen made during her sixty-year reign.
To enter simply answer the following question in a comment below: In which London gallery is The Queen Art & Image exhibition being held?
For an extra entry tell others about the competition using the Retweet button below.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to all residents in the UK and ROI over 18 years of age, excluding employees of Procter & Gamble UK and its affiliates or agents, the families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
- To enter, answer the question and leave your answer in a comment on this blog post. You must leave a valid way for me to contact you, either email or twitter name.
- The date for receipt of entries is midnight 25th June 2012.
- All entries received by the closing date will be entered and the winner will be chosen using random.org from all the correct entries to win two tickets to The Queen Art & Image (ticket valid until 7 October). There will be no runners up. The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. No bulk or third party entries accepted.
- The winner will be notified by email. The name of the winner will be available on this blog post after this date. In the event the prize is not claimed within 10 working days, I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Delivery within 28 days.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
Image credit: Lightness of Being by Chris Levine, 2007 ©Chris Levine. Courtesy the artist.
***** The winner is Jo Boyd *****