I have some business cards and wanted to make a fabric business card holder to keep them in order in my handbag. This project took less than 30 minutes and you can make them for yourself or as presents as they can be used to hold business cards, credit cards or photographs of grandchildren!
1. Choose two pieces of fabric and cut 5″ x 10″. You’ll also need a piece of interfacing (to give it some stiffness) cut to the same size.
2. Place the pieces of fabric right sides together with the interfacing on top and stitch around, quite close to the edge. Leave a 2″ gap in the middle of one long side for turning. I pinned mine to make sure the three pieces stayed together.
3. Clip the corners. Turn the right way and iron.
4. Fold in half and stitch down the centre.
5. I used two different fabrics so choose which fabric you want on the outside. Fold each short edge towards the centre leaving a 1.5″ gap from the middle, pin in place. Stitch around the outside edge, this will ensure that the opening and each pocket is stitched in place. Insert business cards and you’re done!
Linking up with Handmade Thursday