I Spy with my little eye, something beginning with Q.
I have completed a project!
I’ve been working on a doll quilt for Little Sis for quite a while. She has a growing collection which I am very happy to add to.
The pattern is from pretty in patchwork doll quilts which is easily my favourite craft book at the moment. Fortunately for me the quilt came together in several distinct steps so I was able to work on it over a couple of weeks. First of all I chose and made the 24 hexagons, then arranged them again and again until I was happy with the design.
I used ladder stitch to hand sew them together before putting my layers together and top stitching inside my hexagon. I hand embroidered around the edge of the hexagons in two different colours, then finished off the doll quilt with a generous piece of binding.
My favourite part was choosing the fabric for each hexagon from my stash. I think I managed to make each one different (oops – I just noticed two pieces of Orla Kiely stem print fabric!) so there is plenty to look at and talk about. I included hexagons from a piece of the binding fabric and backing fabric too to tie it all together.
Fingers crossed it is good enough for dolly.