Kids crafts tutorial

20 Duck Tape crafts

Last week I attended the Hobbycraft Christmas preview. I loved getting a sneak preview of the new Christmas products and hearing about some fabulous new lines for Gruffalo and Peppa Pig fans.

They had a couple of crafts set up which you could try and I was able to try my hand at making Duck Tape bows. Hobbycraft sell Duck Tape in all colours and prints and it’s a really versatile craft material. You can make a bow in seconds from a couple of pieces of duck tape folded in half and a split pin.

Hobbycraft duck tape - the gingerbread house

I had so much fun I wanted to see what else could be made from Duck Tape. I was a bit confused about the brand name (duck or duct) but apparently it was manufactured by Johnson & Johnson during the Second World War and named Duck Tape due to it’s ability to repel water. It was later used to hold ducts together so was later known as duct tape.

Here is a list of my top 20 Duck Tape crafts which includes kids crafts, handmade gifts and decoration ideas. I picked up some colourful rolls at my local Hobbycraft so I can’t wait to get started!

Top 20 Duck Tape crafts - the gingerbread house

Duck Tape flower

Duck Tape paper cup shark

Love this idea of using Duck Tape to identify your gadget cables

DIY tiny town and road

Duck Tape light sabre

Cute little cardboard playhouse for kids

Sponge and duck tape bath boats

Duck Tape Sword and Shield

Duck Tape cuff bracelets

No sew dollshouse cushions and pillows

Hello Kitty bag

Duck Rape iPad sleeve

Duck Tape beads DIY

Duck Tape bookmarks

Something for Halloween – I adore these Duck Tape pumpkins

Easy duck tape decorative jars

Easy holiday gift bags using Duck Tape

Mickey and Minnie gift cards holders

Simple pool noodle wreath

Duck Tape wreath

Shell Louise
    July 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

I’m so jealous, I’d have loved to go and see the Christmas previews! Thanks for all the links ๐Ÿ™‚
    Shell Louise recently posted..100 songs I love – 51 – 55

Keri-Anne
    July 28, 2014 at 10:14 am

I love using Washi tape which i believe it very similar. There are so many wonderful things you can do! I love your list ๐Ÿ™‚ x
    Keri-Anne recently posted..Wall art

Polly
    July 28, 2014 at 10:38 am

great round up! I use Washi tape but haven’t tried crafting with duct tape before
    Polly recently posted..Maternity Series – Week 19

Michelle
    July 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

Duck Tape is awesome! Only recently discovered it and made a Minnie Mouse bow with it! Here’s my tutorial if you wanted to sneek a peek! x
    Michelle recently posted..[Pre-Trip Report] Iโ€™m A Shopaholic [Dine Around Disney 2014]

jenny
      July 30, 2014 at 9:42 am

Love it, perfect for my Minnie-mad 2 year old!

Julie
    July 28, 2014 at 11:42 am

I didn’t realise that you could make so many different things with duck tape! thank you! x
    Julie recently posted..Image Mapping | How to add mulitple links to a picture

Lucy
    July 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Wow, some brilliant ideas, I keep meaning to get some so we can try some of these things. I have pinned this post so I can put it on our summer bucket list. great for one of these rainy days ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lucy recently posted..Two Years Old – A Very Happy Birthday

Jen aka The Mad House
    July 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I have never really used duck tape as a craft material, but great round up
    Jen aka The Mad House recently posted..What They Don’t Tell You About Being A Working Parent

jenny
      July 30, 2014 at 9:41 am

Apparently it’s going to be the new washi tape, who knows?!

You Baby Me Mummy
    July 28, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Wow I never realised you could make so many things from it. I am glad you had a fun time x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted..Baby’s Fairy Tale

Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade
    July 28, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Never did anything with duck tape before (Ok..taping boxes for move doesn’t count!) but would love to go wild with them (or maybe just creative!) ๐Ÿ˜€
    Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade recently posted..Harringtons dry food for cats (Naturalna karma sucha dla kotรณw)

Laura @ Kneadwhine
    July 28, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I didn’t know that you could get Duck tape in different colours – and didn’t think of using it for crafting either. What an interesting range of ideas.
    Laura @ Kneadwhine recently posted..Pregnancy cravings

Sarah Bailey
    July 29, 2014 at 1:52 am

I have never tried duck tape crafts but it actually seems like you can do so much with it. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted..Like Love Loathe #22

Joanna Sormunen
    July 29, 2014 at 1:55 am

These are really cool crafts! And duck tape is a very versatile material for anything.
    Joanna Sormunen recently posted..Barbeque in Ecuador – Parillada

Jess Howliston
    July 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Love the bows!! I had never thought of using duck tape to craft with but there are some fab ideas above, great post! x
    Jess Howliston recently posted..Love Boo Products **REVIEW**

Eileen Teo
    July 29, 2014 at 8:48 pm

We love duck tape! We had made a world cup trophy, England flags and many more. They are great! Thanks for joining with us at #pintorials
    Eileen Teo recently posted..Zelicious Zelfs Twitter Party

jenny
      July 30, 2014 at 9:40 am

Ooh, I’ll have to check them out – I’m inspired!

Liska @NewMumOnline
    July 30, 2014 at 12:57 am

So this is why people are going on and on about duck tape. I did not now you could do all of this with it x
    Liska @NewMumOnline recently posted..My Son the Model

JDaniel4's Mom
    July 30, 2014 at 12:48 pm

What wonderful duck tape creations!

Bex Smith
    July 30, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Thanks for some great ideas – will definitely give these a go!
    Bex Smith recently posted..Why I Am Proud To Be A Parent

Fritha Strickland
    July 30, 2014 at 7:14 pm

wow bookmarking this for craft ideas later! thanks! x
    Fritha Strickland recently posted..A little (big) bedroom tour

Rachel @ Parenthood Highs and Lows
    July 30, 2014 at 8:11 pm

We reviewed the leopard duck tape last year and loved it! Wish I had seen some of these ideas though, they’re brilliant!
    Rachel @ Parenthood Highs and Lows recently posted..Wicked Wednesdays – Chocolate Face

agatapokutycka
    July 31, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Great round-up. All I need now is some funky duck-tape ๐Ÿ™‚

Kara
    August 6, 2014 at 7:40 am

You can craft with duck tape? Well I never!
    Kara recently posted..Why Lifting is Key to Rejuvenating the Face and How to Do It

Emma @ P is for Preschooler
    August 11, 2014 at 12:39 am

I’ve always been amazed at the beautiful things that can be made with duck tape. My sister can make pens and wallets…just amazing!
    Emma @ P is for Preschooler recently posted..Magazine Confetti

Duck Tape pirate hat and beard | the-gingerbread-house.co.uk
    September 20, 2014 at 9:03 pm

[…] couple of weeks ago I told you how I was introduced to Duck Tape as a new tool for crafting. I knew it would be the perfect material to […]