Today I’m taking part in Ladybird’s Let’s Go Shopping Peppa! blog tour. A brand new Peppa Pig book has just been released and we were very excited to be sent a copy and have one to giveaway too at the end of this post.
First of all let me tell you about Let’s Go Shopping Peppa!. In this book Peppa and her family need something tasty for lunch. It’s time for a trip to the supermarket! Mummy Pig is very keen on just getting the things on her shopping list, but when they get to the checkout, something else has appeared in the trolley…
Both my children adore Peppa and her family and loved this book. It feels slightly more interactive than previous Peppa books as you can follow them around the shop and count the items they need. It’s a really fun story and a nice addition to our library of Peppa books. You can also see a sneak preview of the book here.
I’m fortunate that my children are quite well behaved when we do our weekly food shop. I think it helps if you make shopping for groceries as fun as possible. My top tips for having fun whilst food shopping include:
- make a shopping list so you know exactly what you need to buy
- get your children involved by helping you find products, putting them on the conveyor belt and packing the shopping bags
- make sure you go after breakfast or lunch so you are not hungry
- promise a small treat after the shopping like a trip to the park or an ice-cream
- download this fun and free shopping checklist activity sheet for little ones to complete at the supermarket, we took one with us when we went food shopping in Sainsburys recently and my 3 year old loved checking off each product as we found it
Win a copy of Ladybird’s Let’s Go Shopping Peppa!
Peppa Pig: Let’s Go Shopping Peppa! by Ladybird is out now in paperback, priced £6.99, and I have one copy to giveaway. For your chance to win please answer the question and leave a blog comment below. Good luck!
If you want to check out the first blog in the blog tour then pop over to Anna at In The Playroom.