This week has been quite busy so I’ve been making super quick meals. One of our friends makes the most delicious Spanish tortillas which inspired me to make a feta, courgette and chorizo version. With a little preparation they are quite simple to make but quick and filling when you don’t want to spend ages in the kitchen.
Ingredients for feta, courgette and chorizo tortilla:
5 large British Lion eggs
3 large potatoes – peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion – peeled and chopped
Chorizo (I used some leftover chorizo sausages)
1 Courgette – sliced and cubed
How to make a simple feta, courgette and chorizo tortilla:
1. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and season.
2. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and add the potatoes, cook until they start to go brown. Add the onion and fry for a further minute.
3. Add the egg mixture, the courgette, sliced sausages or chorizo and crumble in some feta cheese. Fry on a low heat.
4. When the egg has started to cook and set you need to flip the tortilla over. Use a large plate to cover the frying pan, flip the tortilla onto the plate and then back into the frying pan to cook the other side.
5. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes, then serve with a side salad.
Once again I have teamed up with British Lion Eggs to share some quick and healthy recipe using eggs as a main ingredient. This year glam celeb Lucy Mecklenburgh, former TOWIE star and fitness expert, is also a British Lion Eggs brand ambassador. Together with Michelin star chef, Paul Merrett, Lucy has created some tasty superfood recipes that show how eating well doesn’t have to mean hours in the kitchen or missing out on delicious food.
Disclosure – please note I was compensated for the ingredients used in this recipe.