It’s that time of the week for my Monday happy list:
– I was given 48 hours notice to dress my 3 year old as a Superhero for nursery and I managed to make her a Supergirl costume thanks to some clever upcycling of the ladybird costume I made last year. Phew.
– We baked a yummy Victoria Sponge with rainbow sprinkles. Amazingly there is still some left.
– I read ‘The French for Christmas‘ by Fional Valpy, my latest book from the Bahlsen Book Club and published by Bookouture. The French for Christmas is part of a series of books set in France, the characters overlap a little into each book.
When her best friends offer the use of their cottage in the beautiful French countryside, Evie jumps at the chance. With her soon-to-be-ex-husband, celebrity chef Will Brooke, plastered over the news with his latest ‘love interest’, leaving the country seems like the perfect plan. Armed with her French grandmother’s tattered notebook of recipes, Evie is determined to ignore Christmas altogether and bake herself back to happiness.
It was a little predictable but a nice, easy read.
– De-cluttering and tidying which wasn’t particularly fun but has made me feel so much more organised.
– I spent a happy hour making brooches with a Made by Mrs M badge kit I won over on her blog. She designs the most adorable fabric featuring iconic buildings such as the Park Hill Flats in Sheffield, the South Bank Centre, Tate Modern and the Shard in London. The brooch kit contained the South Bank Centre fabric featuring the London Eye so I made sure I used a piece of the fabric featuring these. They will definitely brighten up any outfit.