Christmas gingerbread Kids crafts tutorial

How to make gingerbread cloud dough

In the quest to fill our house with lovely Christmas smells today we mixed up a batch of gingerbread cloud dough to play with. It’s simple to make, lasts for weeks and provides a fun sensory experience.
Gingerbread cloud dough
Ingredients needed to make gingerbread cloud dough:
Four cups of plain flour
Half a cup of olive oil
A few pinches of ginger or all spice
brown food colouring

How to make gingerbread cloud dough:
Mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl. The ginger spice gave it a little bit of colour. I added a few drops of brown food colouring too but it stayed in clumps so I’m still working on this!
gingerbread cloud doughCloud dough has a great texture, it feels all silky smooth between your fingers! It’s not like normal play dough so it took my children a while to get used to playing with it.
IMG_7840
It’s lovely and crumbly but you can use cookie cutters with it. Of course we made some gingerbread cloud dough people and decorated them with buttons. IMG_7845
It smelled really good and the children want to play with it again which means this craft was a success!IMG_7847

Alice Megan
    December 3, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I’ve never heard of this before but what a fun activity!
    Alice Megan recently posted..Christmas gift guide – Women

Stephanie Thomas
    December 3, 2014 at 4:33 pm

This is great! I’m a career for my 2 year old nephew 3 days a week now and this is perfect to make with him!
    He loves playing and learning new textures, cannot wait to try this out tomorrow!

Thanks!
    Stephanie Thomas recently posted..O U T F I T – / / B O Y F R I E N D

Loving life with little ones
    December 3, 2014 at 9:14 pm

We tried cloud dough once but it went spectacularly wrong, maybe I should have another go…. #letkidsbekids
    Loving life with little ones recently posted..A toddler kind of day

Karen Bell
    December 4, 2014 at 7:57 pm

What lovely festive play. We’re not tried tried could dough, but this one sounds lovely.
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids
    Karen Bell recently posted..Christmas flower pot crafts

Eileen Teo
    December 5, 2014 at 12:56 am

This is very interesting! I bet the cloud dough smell great too! Thank you for sharing with us #Pintorials
    Eileen Teo recently posted..Propel Flying Start

Reindeer Food and Other Sensory Christmas Ideas | The Sensory Seeker
    December 24, 2014 at 8:15 pm

[…] Gingerbread House they have Gingerbread playdough (or as an alternative to playdough there’s Gingerbread Cloud dough). They are really good for the tactile and olfactory senses. Although you do have to be careful […]

Pinkoddy
    December 24, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Oooh thank you – I am always after different sensory experiences for my children.
    Pinkoddy recently posted..Reindeer Food and Other Sensory Christmas Ideas