My daughter turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. We didn’t make a huge fuss as she’s only 1 but we did a couple of things:
We visited London Zoo
We baked and ate Peppa Pig biscuits
We went shopping and bought lots of new pink clothes (no more blue hand me downs from her older brother)
We opened piles of presents, one of which was the Blurb photo book I made of her first year. I really love the idea of a photo book. I think I’m a late convert because everyone I’ve spoken to has been making them for years. I chose the simplest book layout and added my favourite photos. The hardest part was actually choosing which images to include as there were so many but I’m really pleased with the result.
The toddler loves it too so I think I’ll be making another one for him (the handmade book I started for his first birthday is still waiting to be finished).
In fact both children enjoy looking through it so much I wish I’d made two, one to look at and one to keep!
I think they make great gifts so the family had better watch out as I’ll be getting busy next year with personalised gifts!
A bit about Blurb
Blurb is a creative publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, market and sell professional-quality books. Blurb’s bookstore and online marketing tools enable customers to market and sell their books, and keep 100% of the profit. Blurb’s social and community features allow customers to create and share Blurb books among friends and colleagues with ease.
What’s unique about Blurb?
- More than photo books. In addition to photo books, the product range extends to notebooks, cookbooks, weekly diaries, novels, Facebook photo books, Instagram books and more. Books start from just £1.75.
- 500+ ways to customise your book. Personalise your book with a huge range of paper types, cover options, endsheets, templates and books that go up to 440 pages (that’s 300 more pages than the other guys).
- Free Design tools – no matter what your skill set. Select your design tool – Blurb Bookify™ for easy online bookmaking, Blurb’s award-winning BookSmart® programme or Blurb’s PDF to Book workflow for the pros.
- ebooks. For just £1.49 you can also create an ebook.
- Share your book. Share your book using the Blurb BookShow™ widget, a book preview that can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and websites.
- Sell your book. Sell your printed books and ebooks in Blurb’s online bookstore keeping 100% of the profit.
Please note the links in this post are affiliate links so I will be paid a small commission if you buy!