crafts Easter handmade Kids crafts Spring tutorial

Finger print Easter bunny and chicks

You know how much we love getting messy with the paints so Easter seemed like a great opportunity to break out the paints for some more fun. I saw a great Easter card on Pinterest based on Ed Emberley’s fingerprint animals. I instantly bought a copy of one of his books (Ed Emberley’s Fingerprint Drawing Book) as I know we’ll have lots of fun with it. Big Brother is a bit young for it as the moment but I love it – lots of crafty inspiration for fingerprint animals, vehicles, seasons and holidays.

The fingerprint Easter bunny and chicks were quite simple. The fingerprint painting was fun although it was quite hard getting the toddler to be minimalist with the paint – he has a tendency to cover everything, and I mean everything. However, we ended up with four fingerprints, one pink and three yellow. After we had left it to dry overnight I drew on the arms, legs, eyes and beaks with a black pen.

finger print chick

We didn’t get round to making them into our Easter card as I had hoped but they make a great Easter decoration – maybe next year!

Danielle Askins
    April 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm

These are really cute, I have an Usborne book with loads of fingerprint ideas I like but haven’t trusted my two year old with the paints since the last attempt when his hands and arms were covered in blue!
    Danielle Askins recently posted..Pinaddicts Pinterest Challenge- Chalkboard Table

Sew Scrumptious
    April 6, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Love those chicks. They are so cute! Thanks for linking up. x
    Sew Scrumptious recently posted..Pinterest Challenge #3 – Are you ready?

Bod for tea
    April 7, 2012 at 7:46 am

I absolutely LOVE these! What a great, speedy Easter craft idea 😀
    Bod for tea recently posted..Monday, 1940s style

April 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Those are really adorable. A fab keepsake too x
    MelkshamMum recently posted..The in laws and the need for space

maggy, red ted art
    February 20, 2013 at 5:58 pm

So cute! We made Easter Chick Cards last year and they were very popular with family!

maggy, red ted art recently posted..Kids Easter Crafts: Walnut Nests

Damson Lane
    February 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I really love your fingerprint ideas. The chicks are so cute *runs off to Google the fingerprint book*
    Damson Lane recently posted..Gardening With Kids – Recycled Planter and Water Jug

Hand print Easter chicks |
    May 25, 2014 at 10:49 pm

[…] As we wanted to make these into cards we then glued them onto blank cards and we love them more than last years’ finger print chicks! […]