Earlier this year we bought our first Maclaren stroller. I was very excited as I’ve always wanted a Maclaren. We chose the Quest Sport as it was perfect for our needs – lightweight, easy to collapse and fold with one hand (and foot). Ever since we bought it I’ve used it every day and not used my beloved Bugaboo Chameleon. I love my Maclaren!
However, only four months on and it’s already past its best…
Things I love
- lightweight, easy to collapse and fold with one hand
- adequate shopping basket
- maneoverable with one hand
- showerproof hood and easy to use rain cover
- reclineable seat
- fits in boot easily
Things I don’t love
- the sun shade is useless
- padding came off the handle
- wheels squeak
- doesn’t recline enough for Edward to sleep comfortably in
- viewing window is in the completely wrong place
- storage clip doesn’t fit properly
- brake isn’t very strong (especially on fast braking public transport!)
- adjustable leg rest is flimsy and sliders don’t stay in place
This is a great stroller and I’ve used it every day since we bought it. It’s equally good for a walk to the shops or a weekend away in Europe. I’m just slightly disappointed it hasn’t lasted a bit longer than 4 months. I’m wishing we’d invested in the Maclaren Techno XT or something a bit sturdier.
Is it possible to use a stroller too much? I wonder if there’s such a thing as a stroller hospital, or The Priory for prams?
I’ve tried a Bugaboo, Quinny and a Maclaren. I’m on the lookout for a Silver Cross or Cosatto next 🙂