We are a new little family and as this is our son’s first Christmas I want to start some of our own Christmas traditions which I hope will make it really special every year. Some we can’t do until he’s a bit older but here’s my wish list:
Put up the Advent calendar I made which has plenty of room for a chocolate coin in each pocket
Receive a letter from Father Christmas (via the NSPCC)
Visit Father Christmas (this year we enjoyed a trip to see him here)
Go to Oxford Street to see the Christmas lights or visit the Christmas displays at the Geffrye Museum
Visit a Christmas market
Go and see a pantomime together
Make/buy a new Christmas decoration for Edward each year
Decorate the house and tree together
Make sausage rolls and mince pies
Be brave and make our own Christmas cake and Christmas pud
Watch Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College on Christmas Eve
At 7 pm leave a mince pie, carrot and milk for Father Christmas and his reindeers
Our son will go to bed in his new Christmas pyjamas
On Christmas morning we’ll open our stockings in bed
Hopefully we can squeeze in a walk on Christmas Day
Open presents, eat sweets and watch a vintage Christmassy film on tv
Skype the relatives
Here are the other entries in this Christmas Carnival:
- Cass at The Diary of a Frugal Family shows us how she makes snowglobes.
- Nova at Cherished By Me posts her family’s Christmas traditions.
- Jax at Making it Up writes about the Season of goodwill.
- Maria at Fab Mums posts a Christmas poem.
- Kelly at A Place of My Own posts about giving thoughtful gifts.
- Chris at Thinly Spread writes about her family’s Christmas traditions.
- Jessica at Jessica Milln’s Blog writes about Round Robin letters at Christmas.
- Ella at Notes From Home posts her family’s Christmas traditions.